2012/2013 REGISTRATION BEGINS SEPTEMBER 7th, 2012!!!
- 12 to 18 years old
- Interested in the Sea, Army or Air Cadet Organizations
- Parental/guardian permission
These are the documents you need to join a corps or squadron:
- Proof of age:
- a valid Canadian passport;
- a birth certificate issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency;
- any card, visa or permit (work, study, resident, etc.) (with photo) issued by the Canadian government which legally authorizes the person to reside in Canada for an extended period of time; or
- any identification card (with or without photo) issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency. No certificates of live birth please.
- Proof of health insurance: Provincial or Territorial health insurance card or private insurance (ie. Blue Cross) card.
Please have these original documents with you when you come to the Corps.
Where/when do I go?
Calgary currently meets on Monday nights at:
1227 – 38 Ave NE Calagry from 18:00hrs to 21:30 hrs
Click map enlarge map.
How much does it cost?
The Sea Cadet Program is funded by the Department of National Defence in partnership with the civilian Navy League League of Canada. The civilian sponsor requires local community support to meet its obligations that include accommodations, training aids and equipment and program enhancements not otherwise provided. Parents and cadets are expected to participate in and contribute to fund raising as required by the League’s local sponsoring element.
Do I have to join the Canadian Forces?
Absolutely not! The Cadet Program is a great way to have fun, be challenged and make friends. You also find out more about Canada and develop new skills that will be with you for life, no matter what career you choose.